Friday, March 9, 2007

Risse Greenhouse

Last summer I worked with my grandma up at Risse Greenhouse off of Chena Hot Springs Road; it was so much fun and the people up there really do love what they do, especially Lee Risse. I have known Lee ever since I was a little girl because my grandma has been with Lee for over 15 years. Unfortunately Lee has Lugares Disease and is not doing very well, so I decided to dedicated my poster project to his business of over 50 years. Lee has been brightening summers for many years and hopefully many more with his plentiful selection of flowers and vegetables. On my poster I have a background that is transparent of some of the different flowers found at Risse Greenhouse to add a colorful attraction. I used a painting technique to make my own fill design in the text the says "Risse Greenhouse" with a drop shadow, then "Brightening Summers for over 50 years" with a yellow outer glow, and towards the bottom of the page I have the phone number and location with a satin finish. I really hope that this poster that I design will bring back old memories and all the ones to come.

No comments: